Seo Addons for Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress
Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress are very popular and powerful content management systems. They are all written in PHP, support the MySQL DBMS and are built on a modular architecture that allows for extending them with additional functionality.
There are hundreds of free add-ons (modules, components, plugins) available for each of these three systems. Some of them are especially useful when it comes to optimizing your website for search engines.
Below you find a selection of such SEO related add-ons for Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress listed in alphabetical order, including tools for search engine friendly URLs, meta tag generation, social bookmarking services, performance tuning, user tracking and statistical analysis. Add-ons related to search engine friendly URLs usually require mod_rewrite to be enabled on your Apache web server.
Have fun playing around with these tools and bear in mind that none of them is a replacement for the most powerful SEO technique, which is creating valuable content.
1. Seo Friend is meant to be used along side existing Drupal SEO modules to make them more effective. This module does not replace functionality available in the SEO Checklist and SEO Compliance Checker modules.
2. Seo Compliance Checker checks node content on search engine optimization upon its creation or modification. Whenever a publisher creates or modifies a node, the module performs a set of checks and gives the user a feedback on the compliance of the rules.
3. Seo Checklist provides a checklist of good Drupal SEO (Search Engine Optimization) best practices. Maximize the presence of your Drupal website in the major search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
4. Block Cache creates cached versions of each block displayed on your website. For each cached block only one SQL query is executed thus reducing server load resulting in better performance and faster delivery of content.
5. Find URL Alias is a utility module that lets you search for particular URL aliases. This module requires the core path module which enables search engine friendly URLs for your site. Find URL Alias is especially useful when there are many aliases stored in your database. But keep in mind that changing URLs is something you should avoid.
6. Google Analytics integrates Google’s powerful web statistics tracking system with your website. The module enables you to selectively track users by role.
7. Meta tags allows you to define site wide meta tags and specific tags for each piece of content (node). If you use the core taxonomy module (you really should do) meta tags can be assigned automatically by using the terms (tags) you use to categorize your content.
8. Pathauto automatically generates path aliases based on the modules settings. A very powerful module that lets you define different URL patterns based on content types. In the latest version also allows to filter common words. Requires the core path module.
9. RobotsTxt is useful if you run multiple Drupal sites from a single code base and want to have different robots.txt files for each of them.
10. Service links automatically adds links to social bookmarking and blog search services to your content. You can select which services you want to link to, restrict the display based on content (node) types and whether to display links in teaser and/or full page view.
12. XML Sitemap generates an XML sitemap which complies with the sitemaps.org specification. The relative priority of each piece of content is calculated based on content type, number of comments, and promotion to front page. The values of each of these factors can be set in the admin section of the module.
Joomla Modules, Components, Plugins
1. Content Search Seo Plugin is based on the official search content plugin, and add some seo features. It will generate page title, meta description and meta keywords dynamicly according to the search keywords and search results.
2. SEO Canonicalisation Plugin enables site ‘canonicalisation’, which means that when a user hits your site from another domain than your preferred.
3. SeoSimple simply takes the starting chunk of text from the page’s content and applies that as the value for the meta description tag in the page’s head.
4. Seo Generator automatically generates keywords and description by pulling text from the title and/or the content to help with SEO.
5. Seo Keyword link is very useful to improve the internal pages SEO inside your site. you can define the limit of links to each keyword , NoFollow or DoFollow and open link in same window or new window.
6. Advanced SEF Bot for Joomla 1.1.x is a plugin that enables search engine friendly URLs. Since Joomla’s standard URLs are not really meaningful this one is a must.
7. Dynamic gSitemap is a PHP script that dynamically creates an XML sitemap of your site when GoogleBot visits it.
8. JoomSEO is a plugin that dynamically creates meta tags, changes the title tag on the fly, adds heading tags to content titles and more. Some of the configurable features include: show, hide or override keywords, site name, and content title, adjust element order in the title and heading tag selection.
9. LinX is a link exchange component that lets you manage a reciprocal link directory. Links that are submitted to your site are automatically checked and only added if there is a link back to your site. A large number of links to your website of course has an effect on the PageRank but what really matters are links from quality and trusted websites that have a similar target audience as your site.
10. MetaTags NX creates meta description and keyword tags for your content on the fly. Keywords are generated based on their frequency in the content and stopwords can be excluded.
11. Redirect component lets you redirect old urls to new ones and set their status codes. Remember, changing URLs often is a bad idea.
12. Website Validators Tool contains links to validation and site information services that help you make your website more standards compliant, see how you rank who links to you and more.
1. All in One SEO Pack Optimizes your Wordpress blog for Search Engines.
2. Seo Title Tag optimizes the title tags across your WordPress-powered blog or website. Not just your posts, not just your home page, but any and every title tag on your site
3. Seo Slugs removes common words like ‘a’, ‘the’, ‘in’ from post slugs to improve search engine optimization.
4. HeadSpace2 SEO is an all-in-one meta-data manager that allows you to fine-tune the SEO potential of your site.
5. Seo Friendly Images is a Wordpress optimization plugin which automatically updates all images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes. If your images do not have ALT and TITLE already set, SEO Friendly Images will add them according the options you set. Additionally this makes the post W3C/xHTML valid as well.
6. Seo Post Link makes your post link short and SEO friendly. It removes common words that are unnecessary for search engine optimization of your blog post link.
7. Seo Smart Links provides automatic SEO benefits for your site in addition to custom keyword lists, nofollow and much more.
8. Platinum Seo Pack Optimizes your Wordpress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization).
9. Simple Submit Seo / Social Bookmarking Plugin is for adding submission links for Digg, Delicious, Buzz, and Stumble to pages and posts.
10. Automatic Seo Links Forget to put manually your links, just choose a word and a URL and this plugin will replace all matches in the posts of your blog.
11. Seo for Paged Comments reduces SEO problems when using WordPress’s paged comments.
12. Seo No Duplicate helps you easily tell the search engine bots the preferred version of a page by specifying the canonical properly within your head tag.
13. 404 Seo Plugin gives you a customized, smart ‘Page Not Found(404)’ error message. It will automatically display links to relevant pages on your site, based on the words in the URL that was not found.
14. Add to Any adds links to a large number of social bookmarking sites to your posts.
15. GeneralStats is a statistics components that counts the number of users, categories, posts, comments, pages, words in posts, words in comments and words in pages. Useful for doing keyword research.
16. Google Sitemap Generator creates an XML sitemap of your website. In the current version homepage, posts, static pages, categories and archives are supported. Priority is automatically assigned based on the number of comments.
17. Gregarious is a social bookmarking plugin for Digg, Reddit and Feedburner with update checks via AJAX.
18. Popularity Contest is a counter for posts, categories, archive views, comments, trackbacks, etc. to determine the most popular pages of your site.
19. Technorati Tagging Plugin adds Techorati tags to your posts and enables you to display a tag cloud.
20. WP-Cache is a page caching system to improve your websites performance. Cached pages are stored as static files, reducing server load thus making your site faster and more responsive.
21. X-Valid attempts to convert posts and comments to valid XHTML. Read more on the benefits of Web Standards Compliance.
22. Search Engine query is trying to reduce the bounce rate of your blog and provide the visitor a better navigation experience.
If you know other free SEO related add-ons for Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress that should be mentioned here simply post links to them in your comments. I’d like to read about your experiences using these add-ons.
All about this post content from seoaddons so, Thanks for this.